Community covenant grant scheme
The Ministry of Defence (MoD) has made £30 million of grant funding available to support local projects which aim to improve ties between the armed forces and the wider community. Bids for funding are supported by the Cornwall Community Covenant Partnership and administered by Cornwall Council.
Who can apply?
Applications can come from any part of the community, for example, charities, commercial organisations, community groups, schools, health service providers and town and parish councils.
What types of projects are eligible?
Many types of project might be supported by this fund. Examples include:
- projects that increase the integration of service personnel, veterans and their families with the wider community
- projects that improve health, welfare or financial literacy of service personnel, veterans and their families
- an exhibition at a local library/town hall etc, explaining what a local armed forces unit has recently been doing (e.g. in Afghanistan)
- an ‘oral history’ project, where the local branch of a regimental association, locally based armed forces personnel or a specific group of armed forces personnel recorded their experiences or discussed them with local school children
- A community outreach project bringing veterans together with their non-service equivalents to highlight what support is available
This list is not prescriptive so it is important to review the full guidance from the MOD and to check whether your idea or project will be suitable.
How do I apply?
It helps if you contact us to talk through your ideas in advance of the deadline to the Cornwall Partnership so that we can provide you with feedback and you have an opportunity to improve your application. Please contact Kerry Knight at firstname.lastname@example.org
Submit your completed application form in electronic format to email@example.com by the deadlines shown below:
|Submission of applications to the Cornwall Partnership||Submission by the Cornwall Partnership to the MOD Regional Grant Panel||MOD Regional Grant Panel meeting date||Result|
|17 April 2014||17 May 2014||4 Jun 2014||27 Jun 2014|
|22 August 2014||19 Sep 2014||8 Oct 2014||31 Oct 2014|
|19 Dec 2014||16 Jan 2015||3 Feb 2015||27 Feb 2015|
What happens to submitted bids?
The MoD guidance requires that bids are first endorsed by Cornwall Community Covenant Partnership. The Cornwall Partnership is made up of representatives of the Armed Forces, Cornwall Council, Local Enterprise Partnership and representatives of local organisations.