St Austell and Mevagissey
St Austell and Mevagissey Community Network
Cornwall’s 19 community networks are the main way we connect with local communities and drive improvement locally.
You can find out more about the St Austell and Mevagissey Community Network here:
- Map of St Austell and Mevagissey Community Network area
- Community network profile
- Map of Cornwall showing parishes and community network areas
St Austell and Mevagissey Community Network Panel
The panel discusses issues affecting the community network area, agrees ways to progress them and seeks to builds working relationships between local partners.
Panel meetings are open to the public and the press. Our public guide to community network panels explains how the meetings work and rules for reporting and filming meetings.
The panel includes local Cornwall Councillors and representatives from town and parish councils within the community network area. The panel can invite local organisations and service providers like the police and health services to join them at their meetings.
Chair - Cornwall Councillor Jackie Bull
Vice-Chairman - is Cornwall Councillor Sandra Heyward
The Cornwall councillors for St Austell and Mevagissey Community Network are:
- Mevagissey - James Mustoe CC
- Mount Charles - Gary King CC
- St Austell Bay - Tom French CC
- St Austell Bethel - Malcolm Brown CC
- St Austell Gover - Sandra Heyward CC
- St Austell Poltair - Jackie Bull CC
- St Mewan - Malcolm Harris CC
Future panel meeting dates
- Thursday 10 March 2016 - 7pm at the St Austell One Stop Shop.
Panel agendas and meeting papers
The agenda is published a week before each panel meeting and is available to view at the one stop shops in the community network area and on this web page. Notes of the panel meetings are published in the same way, within ten days of the meeting.
Meeting 10 December
Meeting 24 September
Meeting 14 May 2015
Meeting 10 March 2015
Meeting 10 February 2015
Meeting 11 December 2014
- Notes from 11 December
- Letter to Eric Pickles MP, Secretary of State and response
- Community Network Panel Draft Priorities
- Community Network Panel Draft Engagement Plan
Meeting 9 October 2014
Meeting 3 September 2014
Cornwall councillor community grants
Each Cornwall Council councillor has a small grant fund to assist projects run by voluntary and community groups in the area they represent. The grants can be used for a wide range of groups and activities, including helping vulnerable children or adults, helping young people, providing facilities for older people, supporting community facilities, local environment projects and helping projects to tackle community safety issues.
Grants range from a minimum of £100 and up to a maximum of £1,000. Check with your local Cornwall councillor before applying to see if funds are available and whether they would support your group’s application. You can find your councillor by entering your postcode in the My Area section of this page.
You can read the full guidelines for the scheme here. The current round of grants started on 1 April 2015. You can send your application in at any time during the year, up until the closing date of 12 February 2016.
- Grants awarded for St Austell and Mevagissey Community Network Area 2013/14
- Grants awarded for St Austell and Mevagissey Community Network Area 2014/15
- Grants awarded for St Austell and Mevagissey Community Network Area April to October 2015/16