Local initiatives and information
Trading Standards operates a number of local initiatives and projects to help local communities and local businesses. Please scroll down to find advice, information and news about::
- Trading Standards Key Projects
- Latest News and Product Recall Messages
- Trading Standards Out and About
Trading Standards Key Projects
Cornwall's Trading Standards Service is involved with a number of projects which aim to protect the local community. The list below provides links to useful information about these projects; please follow the links to view further details and advice.
- Are you Sun Smart? - information to protect your family from the sun's harmful rays.
- Black Henna Temporary Tattoos - information to protect yourself from blistering, open sores and scarring.
- Child Safety - find out how to keep you children safe by reading our 'Safety and Your Baby' and 'Toy Safety' advice pages.
- Debt Advice - Trading Standards provides a debt advice service to help anyone living in Cornwall who has a debt problem. Our service is completely free and confidential, and provides impartial advice about any money problem.
- Loan Sharks - these unlicensed moneylenders operating outside the law usually charging very high interest rates and sometimes use threats and violence to frighten people who cannot repay. Find our more here.
- Made in Cornwall Fairs - your chance to purchase genuine Cornish food and crafts that has been produced by businesses in Cornwall. Find out when and where the fairs are being held by following this link.
- Nippers' Nutrition Programme - How nutritious is the food served to under 5's in nursery schools? Trading Standards is working with dieticians and nutritionists through the Nippers Nutrition Programme to support early years settings across Cornwall ensure that their food and drink provision is nutritious, healthy and safe to eat. Find out how you can get involved.
- Rogue Trading - ‘Operation Rogue Trader’ is a week long event to raise the profile of doorstep crime in the hope it will reduce the number of people being ripped off.
- Scams - they arrive through the post, by email, as a fax, over the telephone and on the doorstep. Most are, quite simply, fraud and the perpetrators are criminals. Find out how to protect yourself, your business and people you know from being scammed.
Latest News in Trading Standards
- Product Recalls and Safety Warnings - Read up on the latest safety warnings and product recalls by visiting the Trading Standards Institute website.
Trading Standards Out and About
If you would like to speak to someone from Cornwall's Trading Standards Service you can either ring on 0300 1234 191 or email email@example.com.
Trading Standards will happily give talks to any consumer group, school or any other organisation based in Cornwall. Please visit our Talks to Schools and Community Groups page for details.