Animal health and welfare
Please see the information listed below about the Animal Health and Welfare service provided by Cornwall Council's Animal Health Team from Trading Standards.
- Animal Health and Welfare Legislation - An introduction
- Importation of Animals
- Advice on pet animals entering and re-entering Cornwall - An Introduction to the Pet Travel Scheme (PETS) (a leaflet to download)
- Changes to the UK Pet Travel Scheme (PETS) - Changes effective from 1/1/2012
- Performing Animals (Regulation) Act 1925
- Pig Identification and Useful Information
- Sheep Identification - A Bitesized Guide (a leaflet to download)
- Bovine TB testing and cross compliance (DEFRA guidance to download)
Animal Movement Licences
- Animal movement Licences
- Electronic pig movement reporting service - changes to the reporting of pig movements (a leaflet to download).
Feed Hygiene Licences
Feed Hygiene Registration Form -to register your business under the Feed Hygiene Regulations ( Regulation (EC) No 183/2005)
Please visit our Advice on Animals page to view guidance notes that are designed to help you understand the legislation. We trust you will find them useful.
For information on non farm animal welfare please visit the Environmental Health animal welfare webpage.