Be a Councillor
Make a difference for Cornwall and stand to become a councillor
Cornwall Council has 122* electoral divisions - that is 123 Councillors covering the whole of Cornwall. Could you be one of them that stands in the next Cornwall Council election on Thursday 4 May 2017?
(*Bude electoral division will elect two Councillors)
The previous elections were held on Thursday 2 May 2013. Please look on our election results page to see the full results.
Want to find out more?
If you want to find out more about becoming a Councillor see the information leaflets and helpful links below.
- Would you stand for it?–The role of a Cornwall Councillor
- How we support you stand for it– How we support Cornwall Councillors
- What to expect when you stand for it – Election day, the count
- How you can stand for it– How to become a Cornwall Councillor
- The Local Government Association have also produced useful information and materials to help you to become a Councillor.
- Contact details for local political groups
- Find out about the Council's current membership and the political balance
Close of nominations
Close of nominations to stand to be a Cornwall Councillor closes on 12 noon on 4 April 2017. If you want a nomination pack please phone one of the following numbers:-
- Sharon Richards on 01209 614298
- John Simmons on 01579 341533
You can read more here: guidance for candidates and agents.
Request for further information
If you would like to be sent further information on being a councillor and any information events as they become available please forward your contact details to Democratic Services using the contact details on the right hand side.