Due to some essential maintenance a number of online services will be unavailable from Friday 18 April 8am until Sunday 20 April at 9pm. Unavailable services include; School admissions, Online planning register, library account and catalogue, council tax and benefits system, mapping, building control forms, job applications, my area page, payments and leisure bookings. We apologise for any inconvenience caused.
Family Information Service - Activities and support for young people
The Family Information Service is the main signposting and information service for the whole of Cornwall, for parents and carers of children and young people aged 0 to 20 or 25 if they have additional needs.
The FIS have a fabulous online directory. You can visit the directory or contact us for information regarding any family related enquiry.
The directory has information on things including leisure activities, childcare, health and wellbeing, money matters, staying safe and more.
We can help with:
- What can we do as a family?
- Who can help with additional needs?
- Who gives advice on parenting and where can I find classes and groups?
- Do I qualify for tax credits or other funding?
- Your school choice?
- Health information
The Family Information Service is the only source of information for all Ofsted registered childcare in Cornwall.
- Where can my children go while I am at work?
- What funding is available to help?
- How do I know that my child is safe?
- What should I ask when choosing childcare?
We can provide you with information on:
- Day Nurseries
- Holiday Schemes
- Out of School Clubs
- Pre-School Playgroups
- Activities on the Voluntary Childcare Register
- Extended Services
- Children's Centres
- Early Years Education
- Nursery Education Funding
What can you expect from the Family Information Service?
We can provide:
- Continuous support for families with children aged 0 to 20, or 25 if they have additional needs
- Confidential, impartial information and advice
- Support to assess the situation and offer possible solutions or 'next steps'
- Take you seriously and treat you with respect
- Make sure that your enquiry is dealt with promptly and satisfactorily
- Monitor our service to make sure we are doing the best that we can meet your needs
- Ensure that the service is accessible to all