If you’re on a low income, you could be entitled to housing benefit or council tax support. You can find all the information you need about applying for these on our website.
Make sure you’re claiming any other benefits you are entitled to. Some aren’t available through the Council, so check the GOV.UK benefits calculator to see what else you can apply for.
If you need specialist advice about housing benefit or council tax support, ring us on 0300 1234 121.
How are benefits changing?
The benefit system is changing to make it simpler and fairer and to help people back into work. Our welfare reform pages explain the main changes for people in Cornwall.
Where can I get more help?
You can find more help for people on low incomes by using these links:
- Pension Service, Jobcentre Plus, Disability and Carers Service
- Child Benefit
- Free school meals
- Citizens Advice Bureau
- Information on tax credits, income tax and self-employment
- Cornwall Floating Support - Stonham Tu
- Housing advice and options
- Debt advice - Trading Standards and talkaboutdebt
- Credit unions
- Home Insulation Grants
- Shelter - The housing and homelessness charity
- Concessionary travel